Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Leyne, Sean" <Se...@BroadViewSoftware.com> on 2020/02/13 17:11:10 UTC

Text file compression support

All,

I note that the documentation describes gzip/gz compression as supported for JSON files.

Does the same apply to other text files (csv, tsv, psv)?  {the "Data Sources and File Formats" section of the documentation only notes compression support for JSON)

Thanks in advance

Sean

Re: Text file compression support

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,
Compression in various formats is supported by most file formats in Drill.  IE: You should be able to query compressed CSV and other formats...
-- C