Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jane Young <Ja...@Sun.COM> on 2009/06/03 01:05:01 UTC

mvn deploy:deploy

Hi Maven Gurus,

When executing "mvn deploy:deploy", I see this error:

"The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build
artifact".

The deployment works fine with "mvn deploy" since it executes all the
prior maven lifecycle phases.
I'm just wondering  can "mvn deploy:deploy" work as an independenct
lifecycle phase?

Thanks,
Jane

Re: mvn deploy:deploy

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> A co-worker suggested that I should be able to use the "deploy" goal but
> looks like maven-deploy-plugin does not allow you to directly execute the
> deploy goal.

You should be able to use "deploy:deploy-file" and then iterate
against the various artifacts you need to deploy with something like a
shell script etc. But this will not work with simply "mvn
deploy:deploy" as you've discovered.

Take a look at Nexus Pro's staging functionality, if you're looking
for this kind of feature and have a budget for it. Or build it
yourself with a few tools if you don't have Nexus Pro.

Wayne

Re: mvn deploy:deploy

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
You'd have to run a whole bunch of buildhelper:attach goals on the same mvn
command line... and since that will require properties to be passed and
since I don't see any way to specify the same property with multiple values
from the same command, I do not see what you'd gain...

certainly if you do

mvn jar:jar source:jar javadoc:jar deploy:deploy

that will "just work" from the command line and will deploy the three jars
as the three mojos prior will attach artifacts to the reactor for the deploy
mojo to deploy... but if I understand correctly, the deploy:deploy mojo is
designed to deploy multiple artifacts to the same GAV coordinates, and I
suspect you want to deploy multiple artifacts to multiple GAV coordinates

-Stephen

Re: mvn deploy:deploy

Posted by Jane Young <Ja...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks...