Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Yu <ri...@7135.com> on 2001/03/05 10:32:17 UTC

can not run tomcat on redhat7.0

Hi,
   I've used jdk1.2.2 and tomcat on redhat6.2 before,it's good. But now when i install them on redhat7.0 and run "startup.sh", everything seems ok, but i can not visit port 8080. Why? I've add correct classpath.

            Rick Yu
            rickyu@7135.com

Re: can not run tomcat on redhat7.0

Posted by David Crooke <da...@convio.com>.
(offtopic) I have answered this half a dozen times already - can someone please, please fix the AutoFAQ, and the broken link to it at http://java.apache.org/faq

RH7 ships with a buggy glibc, download and install the patch

Posted by "J. Sainz" <js...@home.com>.
What startup message do you get?  I have RH7 and when I first installed
tomcat it wouldn't work.
I was using jdk 1.2.4 and the java compiler was busted.  Don't know why!  I
never used it.
Anyway, I downloaded and installed jdk 1.3 and tomcat started right away.
Perhaps you need to
get a newer jdk?