Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Chris Leishman <ch...@leishman.org> on 2019/05/12 12:46:38 UTC

Tuweni commiter list (was Re: [apache/incubator-tuweni] Add deprecation and relocation warning to Toml library (#16))

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 2:31 PM Chris Leishman <ch...@leishman.org> wrote:

> As Antoine mentioned, I was asked to sign an ICLA, but haven't had time or
> serious motivation to go through the (imo overly complicated) process.
> <snip>
> As for my contribution to Tuweni, I'm happy to continue being lightly
> involved, if someone can help walk me through the process of getting
> membership and we can come up with ways to minimize the amount of time such
> involvement would take.

To clarify on this, I did find the ICLA form (
https://www.apache.org/licenses/contributor-agreements.html#clas), but I
didn't understand the process as described:

submit an Individual Contributor License Agreement (ICLA) to the secretary.
> New committer accounts will not be processed without the CLA acknowledged
> by the ASF secretary or a board member. Your PMC needs to work with the new
> committer to ensure that their CLA is received and recorded properly, so
> you need to monitor the file iclas.txt in the foundation/officers
> repository. Only ASF members and ASF officers (e.g. PMC chairs) have
> access. The Apache Phone Book has an Unlisted CLAs page which is generated
> daily from the iclas.txt file, so the recently received CLAs will appear
> there.

Who is the secretary? How do I submit that form? Where's this iclas.txt
file, and what am I supposed to do with it?

I do admit that I've spent no more than 2 minutes thinking about this
previously before concluding I'd leave it for another day.

:)

/c