Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jaikit Savla <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2012/08/31 01:05:06 UTC

[daemon] Application displayname (main class) missing when run via Jsvc

Hi Folks,

When I run Tomcat application with Jsvc - both jconsole and jvisualvm are not able to identify the jvm process. I wrote a sample script to get displayName ( virtualMachineDescriptor.displayName() ) and it returns empty "" result.

jconsole:
Connection name: pid: 63044

But when I run tomcat application without Jsvc - the name shows up correctly.
Both jvisualvm and jconsole shows the name: jvisualvm: PID: 63044
Host: localhost
Main class: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
Arguments: start jconsole:
Connection name:
pid: 63044 org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Are there any Jsvc arguments or java arguments which can pass on the name from daemon to forked application  ?

Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanks,
Jaikit