Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/26 20:36:56 UTC

Jenkins migration proposal

I have finished by poc with Github actions. I propose we disable the
jenkins pr check in jobs with this. The benefits are more stable test runs
and more available resources to instantly start running checkin jobs.

The experimental PR is here.
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/5035

We should be able to do the migration very quickly.

-Ali

Re: Jenkins migration proposal

Posted by Ali Ahmed <ah...@gmail.com>.
Let's request apache to disable apache for ci cd on a fixed date , we can
enable github ci cd in parallel.

-Ali

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Ali,

Posted by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
That would be an issue since all the PRs should be created from a user
fork.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 7:57 PM Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I found the Github Actions only can running on the base repository. If I
> create a pull request from fork repo, it will not be running.
>
> FYI:
>
> https://github.community/t5/GitHub-API-Development-and/Run-a-GitHub-action-on-pull-request-for-PR-opened-from-a-forked/m-p/15426#M363
>

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 04:37, Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have finished by poc with Github actions. I propose we disable the
> > jenkins pr check in jobs with this. The benefits are more stable test
> runs
> > and more available resources to instantly start running checkin jobs.
> >
> > The experimental PR is here.
> > https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/5035
> >
> > We should be able to do the migration very quickly.
> >
> > -Ali

Matteo Merli
<ma...@gmail.com>

Re: Jenkins migration proposal