Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stjeel <sx...@sh.symbidia.com> on 2002/07/22 08:37:43 UTC

svg whiteboard test failed

I have tried use the batik to http://www.nokiko.com/svg/whiteboard.svg
but it doesn't work,who can tell me why?
I'm using the batik 1.5 beta3, and java1.4 ,winxp

regards
Stjeel

Re: svg whiteboard test failed

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Stjeel wrote:
> Haha,I have found the solution: just change the
>
> old: var path = root.createElement( 'path' );
>
>  >>>>>>

> new:     var path = root.createElementNS(
> http://www.w3.org/2000/svg,'path' );
>
> the development of the batik is just a nightmare!!!!

Sorry you feel this way. But Batik is doing the right thing:

createElement, with no namespace, does not create an element
in the SVG namespace and is not handled by Batik, which is the proper
behavior. Passing the namespace to createElementNS is the right
thing to do.

Vincent.