Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Dmitriy Shirchenko <ca...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/22 20:54:55 UTC

PROPOSAL: Host and support nightly Aurora builds on Apache servers

Hi everyone,

This is a proposal to provide nightly builds in three Linux flavors: Debian
Jessie, Ubuntu Trusty and CentOS for public consumption. Exposing them
through Jenkins build job is one option and would be enough.

Reason for nightlies is to allow us quicker testing in production for
features which we have contributed but have not yet made the official
release cut.

This is purely an RFC as I could not find other Apache projects doing
nightlies, though I found that some projects eg Zookeeper provide alpha
releases[1] while Mesos does not[2].

Thanks,
Dmitriy.

[1] https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/
[2] http://archive.apache.org/dist/mesos/

Re: PROPOSAL: Host and support nightly Aurora builds on Apache servers

Posted by Dmitriy Shirchenko <ca...@gmail.com>.
Awesome. Thanks everyone!

Posted by John Sirois <jo...@conductant.com>.
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 to just putting the nightly builds out there to let people test features
> as the are committed. This will also ensure our RCs are of high quality.
>
> Do we have to put them on apache servers? I thought we put our artifacts on
> bintray: https://bintray.com/apache/aurora

We don't - I just suggested this since we have
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/aurora/

> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Dmitriy Shirchenko <ca...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > This is a proposal to provide nightly builds in three Linux flavors:
> Debian
> > Jessie, Ubuntu Trusty and CentOS for public consumption. Exposing them
> > through Jenkins build job is one option and would be enough.
> >
> > Reason for nightlies is to allow us quicker testing in production for
> > features which we have contributed but have not yet made the official
> > release cut.
> >
> > This is purely an RFC as I could not find other Apache projects doing
> > nightlies, though I found that some projects eg Zookeeper provide alpha
> > releases[1] while Mesos does not[2].
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dmitriy.
> >

> > [1] https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/
> > [2] http://archive.apache.org/dist/mesos/
> >
> > --
> > Zameer Manji
> >
> > <http://archive.apache.org/dist/mesos/>

--
John Sirois
303-512-3301

Re: PROPOSAL: Host and support nightly Aurora builds on Apache servers

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Looks like there's nothing left to do here - the artifacts now show up via
the link above.

Posted by John Sirois <jo...@conductant.com>.

--
John Sirois
303-512-3301

Re: PROPOSAL: Host and support nightly Aurora builds on Apache servers

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Sirois <jo...@conductant.com>.

--
John Sirois
303-512-3301

Re: PROPOSAL: Host and support nightly Aurora builds on Apache servers

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Sirois <jo...@conductant.com>.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org>.