Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pe...@sun.com> on 2001/10/12 19:03:57 UTC

re: JSP 1.3 EG.

To clarify, "target Java platform" does not mean that it will require
all the features of that platform.  In this case, we don't envision a
dependency on a J2EE container, although JSPs are designed to work well
there, just a requirement for a Servlet (this time 2.4) container. We
may add dependencies on one or more base XML specifications, but those
do not require a J2EE container.

re: EG membership, there is time for people to decide, although I expect
to get moving on some topics right away after the EC vote (assuming we
get approved).

thanks,

	- eduard/o

John Morrison wrote...

No time unfortunately.  However this snippit looked interesting...

"2.2 What is the target Java platform? (i.e., desktop, server, personal,
embedded, card, etc.) J2EE 1.4"

It looks like you'll need 1.4 to run the next generation of JSP engines
  [:)] Does that mean we can upgrade too?

J.