Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/02/02 18:57:07 UTC

dispatcherError: Could not setup transformer in the contractBean (was Re: Dispatcher rc1)

El jue, 02-02-2006 a las 22:19 +0800, Gav.... escribió:
> Doesn't work for me.
>
> Then I didn't know how to patch properly. I copied and pasted the changes
> into forrest-core.xconf.
>
> Did all the other steps.
>
> Then did forrest run on my 'Existing' v2 pili themed site.

Remember what I was saying about v2 and v3, when you started with v3, I
said something like, bravery will be honored by not having to adopt the
new contract grammar.

You *cannot* use v2 contracts (nor v2 structurer) in the dispatcher. See
the "Subversion Commits" of http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-787
(thx again cdupoirieux as well for keeping track) then you know how to
update your contracts.

> I get :-
>
> dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
> The contract "branding-logo" has thrown an exception by resolving the
> implementation from "cocoon://resolve.contract.html.branding-logo".
>
> dispatcherErrorStack:
> org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.DispatcherException: 500 - Internal server
> error
> component: ContractBean
> message:
> Could not setup transformer in the contractBean.
> Please check that the contract implementation is wellformed and valid!
>
> One reason that an implementation may not be valid is that you are using
> variables that cannot be resolved.
> Please see the logs and the sysout for more information, you may are see
> right away the error.

Yeah, actually that pretty much said it all, didn't it? ;-)

"Please check that the contract implementation is wellformed and valid!"

v2 and v1 contracts are not valid contract implementations for the
dispatcher.

BTW IMO one of the best enhancement moving to java are this awesome
error messages. I actually added heaps of them, so it will become easier
to know what the actual error may be by seeing the error stack. ;-)

HTH
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"