Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Deutschmann <wh...@gentoo.org> on 2019/01/22 21:18:54 UTC

wc-queries-test test failure with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_STMT_SCANSTATUS

Hi,

in Gentoo Linux, wc-queries-test test is failing (verified
against v1.9.7-1.11.1:

> [...]
> DROP TABLE targets_list
> svn_tests: E200042: Additional errors:
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> svn_tests: E200035: |SCAN TABLE sqlite_master
> FAIL:  wc-queries-test 3: test query expectations
> PASS:  wc-queries-test 4: test query duplicates
> PASS:  wc-queries-test 5: test schema statistics
> PASS:  wc-queries-test 6: verify queries are parsable

After some research we found the problem causing the test failure:

In Gentoo we are building sqlite with

> -DSQLITE_ENABLE_STMT_SCANSTATUS

option set. If we disable that option, the test is passing.

Downstream-bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/605438

Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

Re: wc-queries-test test failure with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_STMT_SCANSTATUS

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 23.01.2019 04:34, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 22.01.2019 23:10, Branko Čibej wrote:
>> On 22.01.2019 22:52, Branko Čibej wrote:
>>> [Moving to the correct list.]

> [...]
>> I've filed this as issue #4804, it looks like a bug in our tests.
>
> I was able to reproduce this with the latest (amalgamated) SQLite on
> macOS — so, not using get-deps.sh, as the version that downloads is too
> old. I've written up my analysis in issue #4804; the short story is that
> adding the compile-time option mentioned above adds output to 'EXPLAIN
> QUERY PLAN' that our test doesn't like.
>
> Bert, you wrote most of this query test code; would you mind taking a
> look at this issue?

I decided to "fix" this by ignoring it ... see r1852013. I think the fix
is correct, given what the test is supposed to do.

-- Brane

Re: wc-queries-test test failure with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_STMT_SCANSTATUS

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 22.01.2019 23:10, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 22.01.2019 22:52, Branko Čibej wrote:
>> [Moving to the correct list.]
>>
>> On 22.01.2019 22:18, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in Gentoo Linux, wc-queries-test test is failing (verified
>>> against v1.9.7-1.11.1:

[...]

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.