Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by watch sound <wa...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/27 00:57:18 UTC

can not get column description

I need to get column description from ddlUtils.
I used mssqlserver jdbc jar included with ddlUtils.
but aColumn.getDescription() always return null.

any idea? Thanks in advance

hanning

Re: can not get column description

Posted by watch sound <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you,Thomas!

How about oracle?
I added the comments to the table using
comment on table  some_table       is 'some comments';

but when I try to get table description for this table, DdlUtils returns
null?

Any idea how to get table description through DdlUtils? (for Oracle)

Thanks!

Hanning

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.