Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Alexander Farber (EED)" <ee...@eed.ericsson.se> on 2000/08/24 15:20:24 UTC

Apache.pm failed to load!.

Hi,

I am trying to install Apache 1.3.12 and mod_perl 1.24 in my home
directory as a non-root user and probably missing something obvious:
I run "/home/eedalf/apache/bin/apachectl start" and see the message
"/home/eedalf/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd started" but I am
unable to connect to http://localhost:8080/ and don't see httpd in
"ps uax", neither in "netstat" (and the port 8080 is free). In the
"~/apache/logs/error_log" file I see "Apache.pm failed to load!."

I am using "SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10",
"gcc version 2.8.1" and "perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris".

To compile and install, I have used:

  % perl Makefile.PL \
  PREFIX=/home/eedalf \
  APACHE_PREFIX=/home/eedalf/apache \
  APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.12/src \
  DO_HTTPD=1 \
  USE_APACI=1 \
  EVERYTHING=1
  % make && make test && make install
  % cd ../apache_1.3.12
  % make install

and the "make test" seemed to work fine. I am new to Apache and mod_perl
and keep reading the docs and the Eagle Book, but if anyone here has an
idea what am I doing wrong, I would very appreciate you help.

Thank you
Alex

PS: Does "EVERYTHING=1" also mean that I can load the modules on the fly?
PPS: mod_perl doesn't use the Perl sources and its libperl.(a|so), right?

Re: Apache.pm failed to load!.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html#PerlSetVar_PerlSetEnv_and_PerlP
http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html#PerlSetupEnv