Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Fabien Couble <fa...@capgemini.com> on 2006/07/18 12:00:47 UTC

[AXIS2] Axis2 Compilation

I downloaded axis2 souces and I compiled them using the tool "maven" (maven war). It created the war file axis2.war. The problem is that the compilation lasts roughly 1 hours, so it is very long.
And if I want to do modifications like adding commands to trace the code, it is really too long...
That is why, I'd like to know if it is possible to generate only jar files of the lib directory using maven to reduce the compilation time instead of the whole application.  I mean: has the script been already created to do that?

Thx
Fabien

Re: [AXIS2] Axis2 Compilation

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Fabien,

If you wanna just get the dependency jars for the compilation, just run
"maven create-lib". This will download all the dep. jars and put them
under AXIS2_HOME/target/lib.

But if you wanna use maven to compile the stuff, you need to set up the
maven local repository. For that you can get a copy of that from here
(http://ws.zones.apache.org/~chinthaka/repository.zip) and extract that
to your MAVEN_HOME(=USER_HOME/.maven)/.

-- Chinthaka

Re: [AXIS2] Axis2 Compilation

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
You can say "maven jar" to create the jars only.
The reason why the build may take a while is the snapshot dependancies so
you can use the "-o" falg (since you've done the online build once)
also you can skip the unit tests (not recommended however) by using "-
Dmaven.test.skip=true"

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu