Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> on 2016/03/15 02:37:56 UTC

Github network graph questions

I was looking at the github network graphs and had a couple questions.

On the website network graph[1], why might I see the quarks-2-pr-3
branch even though I deleted it with:

  git branch -d quarks-2-pr-3
  git push origin --delete quarks-2-pr-3

On the code network graph[2]  for some commits on master, they are
linear with relevant comments even though I used merge and Dan's commit
process.  For some commits like [3] they just have the merge branch
'pr-4' comment on the master branch.  I think this is what Luciano was
talking about in his email[4] but I didn't fully understand all that.
What's the difference in the different types of commits?

Thanks for any answers or insight.

Kathey

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks-website/network
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks/network