Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by takuya morita <mr...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/29 08:02:22 UTC

About keyboard layout

Hi,
I'm Takuya, Engineer in Japan.
I have a problem there.

I I have an RDP connection using Guacamole to a windows 10 VM on vmware.

If I set the Guacamole keyboard layout to Japanese while the windows
keyboard is set to Japanese, the layout becomes strange.

I thought it would be fixed by setting the keyboard layout on the Guacamole
side to the default settings, but it seems that the keyboard layout is
different between input to the search bar in the windows OS and input to
the command prompt.

As a countermeasure, I was able to eliminate the difference in keyboard
input by changing the windows keyboard from Japanese input to English input
to Japanese input.

However, when I clone the modified VM, the previous phenomenon occurs again
in the cloned VM.

Is there any way to resolve this phenomenon under the assumption that the
OS keyboard input is set to Japanese?