Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Benn Salter <bs...@chemsw.com> on 2004/08/31 16:54:16 UTC

Jmeter vary by thread question

Hi,

I am trying to set up a test where I run a thread group ten times at once,
but I need that group to use a different username/password within each
individual thread (so the same user is not logged in 10 times at once).
Basically, I need something like a controller that chooses a different test
step with each thread.  Is it possible to do this without copying the thread
group ten times and changing it manually?

Thanks

Re: Jmeter vary by thread question

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Sounds like you just need different parameters per thread, in which case
there are several options.  User Parameters, StringFromFile function,
HTTP User Parameters, ...

-Mike

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 10:54, Benn Salter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up a test where I run a thread group ten times at once,
> but I need that group to use a different username/password within each
> individual thread (so the same user is not logged in 10 times at once).
> Basically, I need something like a controller that chooses a different test
> step with each thread.  Is it possible to do this without copying the thread
> group ten times and changing it manually?
>
> Thanks

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation

Re: Jmeter vary by thread question

Posted by Michael Hampton <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I did this by setting up a csv file with username/passwords (in this
case at least ten) and reading them in.  It worked well.