Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by O L <bo...@yahoo.es> on 2002/09/24 00:32:37 UTC

Any questions... How... ?

Hi !

I have any questions over jetspeed.

1. How I can to create new portlets into jetspeed ?

2. How I try the connection between tomcat and apache
?

3. Is possible to add a webmail (James) in jetspeed ?,
How I can to do it ?

4. Where I can to change the look-and-feel of the main
webpage ?

5. There is a free application to can to open a X
terminal in jetspeed ?

Best regards,
Adriana

RE: Any questions... How... ?

Posted by Steen Bjerre Andersen <st...@bjerre-andersen.dk>.
Sorry found it in TurbineRessources.properties.

-Steen

Re: Any questions... How... ?

Posted by Marian Skalsky <ms...@euromove.sk>.
Hello Adriana!
See my comments below.

> Hi !
>
> I have any questions over jetspeed.
>
> 1. How I can to create new portlets into jetspeed ?

It deepends what do you wanna achieve, to show some already existing content within the portlet window such as JSP page, HTML page or even RSS news, you may use some already writen portlets. Take a look at the portlet catalogue:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/catalog.html
If you wanna write your specific portlet this may help you in the beginning:
http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/PortletHowTo.htm
Shortly:
1) write the java class extending the AbstractPortlet
2) put it in to the class path within the JetSpeed
2) register it within the xreg files (WEB-INF\conf\)
Then it should appear in the portlet list in JetSpeed and you'll be able to add it in to your pane.
It is fine to writo own (e.g. local-portlets.xreg) xreg file.

> 2. How I try the connection between tomcat and apache
> ?
I don't consider this combination very stable and do not recommend it, but if there is no other choise... . I use only JSP stuff = I need no other web server then Tomcat and Tomcat 4.x.x is good enough to handle it alone. (correct me if I'm wrong)

> 3. Is possible to add a webmail (James) in jetspeed ?,
> How I can to do it ?

What do you mean by "ADD James in to JetSpeed" ? James is, crudely said, mail server that has support for so called MILETS = Java classes with which you are able to (not only) handle incoming mail and call appropriate backend (MODEL) and generate mail reply if necessary.
More on James:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2001/jw-1026-jamesmail_p.html

> 4. Where I can to change the look-and-feel of the main
> webpage ?

You should first decide if you wanna use JSP or Velocity as templating engine.
If you do not change anything, this page is being shown:
WEB-INF\templates\vm\layouts\html\default.vm
When you decide for JSP, probably this one
WEB-INF\templates\jsp\layouts\html\default.jsp

> 5. There is a free application to can to open a X
> terminal in jetspeed ?
I don't know. But it will be probaly about showing some web page (with Xterminal Java applet) within the webpage or IFram portlet.

> Best regards,
> Adriana

Hope helped.
$kala (www.eea.sk)