Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adriana Suarez <ad...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/24 23:32:28 UTC

I can´t add mod_rewrite.so to the module folder in apache http server

Hi, I'm knew with http server and I'm trying to make a load balancer
with the http server and two tomcats in linux. I follow the set up
instructions and I use: ./configure --enable-module=rewrite
--enable-module=proxy and other modules. It compiled and installed
without any errors.

My problem is: the mod_proxy.so , mod_rewrite.so don't appear
anywhere, What do I have to do in order to get these "*.so"?????

Re: I can´t add mod_rewrite.so to the module folder in apache http server

Posted by Marten Lehmann <le...@cnm.de>.
Hello,

> My problem is: the mod_proxy.so , mod_rewrite.so don't appear
> anywhere, What do I have to do in order to get these "*.so"?????

if you don't ask the compiler to create them, they aren't created as
shared modules, but are included in the httpd-binary by default. Look at
the output of "bin/httpd -l", they should appear there.

Regards
Marten