Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by James Sherwood <js...@rgisolutions.com> on 2007/04/17 20:57:53 UTC

Tapestry RTE Component

Hello,

I am looking for a Rich Text Editor component for tapestry that is
compatable with (or maybe i could modify) Tapestry 3 and all large browsers.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I have tried creating my own and have been successfull in everything except
getting the information from the RTE to come out in the form submit, it is
always null.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--James

Re: Tapestry RTE Component

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
BTW, This has been on tacos for 2 months now
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tacos/tacos-4.1/trunk/tacos-core/src/java/net/sf/tacos/components/dojo/form/
and
http://tacos.sourceforge.net/tacos4.1/tacos-core/quick-start/downloading.html

On 4/18/07, Steve Shucker <ss...@vmsinfo.com> wrote:

> [...]
>         symbols.put("id", getClientId());
>         symbols.put("formId", getForm().getClientId());
>         getScript().execute(this, cycle, pageRenderSupport, symbols);
>
>         renderDelegatePrefix(writer, cycle);
>
>         writer.begin("textArea");
>         writer.attribute("style","width:700px; height:200px");
>         renderIdAttribute(writer, cycle);
>         writer.attribute("name", getName());
>         renderInformalParameters(writer, cycle);
>         renderBody(writer, cycle);
>         writer.printRaw(getValue());
>         writer.end();
>         renderDelegateSuffix(writer, cycle);
>     }
>
>     /**
>      * @see
> org.apache.tapestry.form.AbstractFormComponent#rewindFormComponent(
> org.apache.tapestry.IMarkupWriter,
>      *      org.apache.tapestry.IRequestCycle)
>      */
>     protected void rewindFormComponent(IMarkupWriter writer,
> IRequestCycle cycle) {
>         setValue(cycle.getParameter(getName()));
>     }
>
> }
>
> DojoEditor.script:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <!DOCTYPE script PUBLIC
>     "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Script Specification 3.0//EN"
>     "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Script_3_0.dtd">
>
> <script>
>     <input-symbol key="id" class="java.lang.String" required="yes"/>
>     <input-symbol key="formId" class="java.lang.String" required="yes"/>
>         <unique>
>             dojo.require("dojo.widget.Editor2");
>             dojo.require("dojo.widget.Editor2Plugin.DialogCommands");
>             dojo.require("dojo.widget.Editor2Plugin.ColorPicker");
>         </unique>
>     <initialization>
>         dojo.widget.createWidget("Editor2", {id: "${id}_widget"},
> dojo.byId('${id}'));
>         dojo.event.connect(dojo.byId('${formId}'), "onsubmit", function ()
> {
>             dojo.byId('${id}').value =
> dojo.widget.getWidgetById("${id}_widget").getEditorContent()
>         })
>     </initialization>
> </script>
>

> Nick Westgate wrote:
> > Hi James.
> >
> > I haven't used it, but perhaps:
> >
> http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=external/ViewComponent&sp=SHtmlArea
> >

> > There are also several for T4 on Tassel.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nick.
> >

> > James Sherwood wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am looking for a Rich Text Editor component for tapestry that is
> >> compatable with (or maybe i could modify) Tapestry 3 and all large
> >> browsers.
> >>
> >> If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
> >>
> >> I have tried creating my own and have been successfull in everything
> >> except getting the information from the RTE to come out in the form

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: Tapestry RTE Component

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
Couple of people have wrapped fckeditor in the past...
http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=external/
ViewComponent&sp=SJSEditor
http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=external/
ViewComponent&sp=SFCKeditorTA

You might also consider looking at the stitches library, which
contains a WYSIWYG component:

http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=external/
ViewComponent&sp=Sstitches
or