Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Haroon Rafique <ha...@utoronto.ca> on 2008/01/30 18:58:52 UTC

mod_jk 1.2.26 and stricter check for VirtualHosts

Hi there,

I posted on the user list about a breakage when upgrading from 1.2.25 to
1.2.26. Rainer was kind enough to explain what the problem was. In a
default apache 2.2.6 config using SSL, port 443 is enabled via a
VirtualHost and the JkMounts in 1.2.26 were not being passed to the SSL
VirtualHost (because of stricter checking). So you have to use JkMountCopy
to facilitate that.

The thread is here (URL should be all on one line):
http://www.nabble.com/-ANN--Apache-Tomcat-JK-1.2.26-Web-Server-Connector-released-tt14488814.html#a14488814

In particular Mladen's response is at (URL should be all on one line):
http://www.nabble.com/-ANN--Apache-Tomcat-JK-1.2.26-Web-Server-Connector-released-tp14488814p15186449.html

Basically Mladen is saying that in case only the protocol is different
(and the vhost is the same as the parent) mod_jk should treat the JkMounts
as the same as if they were in the parent.

Posting on the dev list to continue discussion here.

Haroon Rafique
<ha...@utoronto.ca>

Re: mod_jk 1.2.26 and stricter check for VirtualHosts

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Haroon Rafique wrote:

> Basically Mladen is saying that in case only the protocol is different
> (and the vhost is the same as the parent) mod_jk should treat the
> JkMounts as the same as if they were in the parent.

Right, this is one particular use case where we actually
have only the difference between http/https although we
actually have two different vhosts, so IMO
we should copy the mappings among them by default.

> Posting on the dev list to continue discussion here.

Thanks :)

Regards,
Mladen