Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org> on 2003/05/11 13:58:43 UTC

publication "docs-new" is broken

Hi

I just updated my CVS workspace and it seems that the "Lenya"
publication "docs-new" is broken.
Please see the beginning of the error messages below.

Thanks

Michael

An Error Occurredorg.apache.cocoon.ProcessingExceptionFailed to execute
pipeline.org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute
pipeline.: sun.io.MalformedInputException: Missing byte-order
marksun.io.MalformedInputException: Missing byte-order markOriginal
Exception: sun.io.MalformedInputException: Missing byte-order mark
    at sun.io.ByteToCharUnicode.convert(ByteToCharUnicode.java:120)
    at
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.convertInto(StreamDecoder.java:245)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:295)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:180)
    at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.load(XMLEntityManager.java:3265)
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XML11EntityManager$XML11EntityScanner.skipSpaces(XML11Entity

Re: publication "docs-new" is broken

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>>pipeline.: sun.io.MalformedInputException: Missing byte-order
>

> thats most likely because of
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
>
> i would stick with UTF-8
>
> http://cvs.wyona.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/lenya/src/webapp/lenya/pubs/docs-new
> /content/xdocs/book.xml?rev=1.4

The  (or <EF><BB><BF>) is a BOM (byte order mark) for UTF-8.
For UTF-16, it should be <FE><FF>. Probably that was the problem.

Andreas

Re: publication "docs-new" is broken

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Andreas Hartmann wrote:

>>> Sorry that my changes caused this error. I couldn't reproduce
>>> it first, because it was a very strange one. The encoding of
>>> book.xml was somehow broken, but in a way that CVS didn't
>>> recognize (my file was OK and seemed to be identical to the CVS
>>> version). A clean checkout revealed the problem.
>>>
>>> I tried to find the cause, but I couldn't. Finally, I created
>>> a new file new and copy-and-pasted the content in there. This
>>> seems to work. CVS wouldn't let me check it in, as it had no
>>> changes in it - so I added some whitespace. I hope the problem
>>> is gone now.
>>

>> Thanks a lot for working on the problem, but the error still occurs
>> (I updated, reset and install Lenya new). Please see below.
>

> Strange, I made an update too and the problem reappeared.
> I changed the encoding to UTF-8 and hope it works now.

yup, it's working again

Thanks very much

Michael

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.