Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Cory Prowse <co...@prowse.com> on 2010/09/06 17:58:36 UTC

Example project showing Issue JCR-2701

Hi,

To aid in the solving of this issue (which is sorta a blocker for me), I have attached a very simple project which exhibits the issue.  It is essentially only one Java file with the minimum boilerplate and jars to make it into a WAR file.

It contains a README.txt file which has the exact steps to follow to produce the error (simple copy&paste is all that is required).

If there is anything else I can do to help this issue along I'll do what I can.

The details are available at:

 -- Cory

Re: Example project showing Issue JCR-2701

Posted by Dominik Klaholt <do...@mail.upb.de>.
If there is need to stress the importance of the JCA package, I'd like
to add that it allows to write considerably cleaner code when working
with container managed transactions. I just don't want to 'manually'
enlist the XA resources to the transactions all the time... :-)
... *also looking forward to seeing some patches for the JCA package*...

Posted by Cory Prowse <co...@prowse.com>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Cory-

Posted by Cory Prowse <co...@prowse.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Cory Prowse <co...@prowse.com>.
On 08/09/2010, at 6:39 PM, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> hi cory
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Cory Prowse <co...@prowse.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> To aid in the solving of this issue (which is sorta a blocker for me), I have attached a very simple project which exhibits the issue.  It is essentially only one Java file with the minimum boilerplate and jars to make it into a WAR file.
>>
>> It contains a README.txt file which has the exact steps to follow to produce the error (simple copy&paste is all that is required).
>
> excellent, thanks!

No worries.

I'll emphasise the lack of effort it would take for someone to follow the steps in the README to deploy the JCA to Glassfish (the doco for how to deploy the JCA can be convoluted).

Posted by Cory Prowse <co...@prowse.com>.

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@day.com>.
hi cory

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Cory Prowse <co...@prowse.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To aid in the solving of this issue (which is sorta a blocker for me), I have attached a very simple project which exhibits the issue.  It is essentially only one Java file with the minimum boilerplate and jars to make it into a WAR file.
>
> It contains a README.txt file which has the exact steps to follow to produce the error (simple copy&paste is all that is required).

excellent, thanks!

> If there is anything else I can do to help this issue along I'll do what I can.

unfortunately, i can't help. i am not familiar with jca (and quite
frankly don't wanna be ;).
i hope somebody with more experience in this field wil have a chance to look
into this soon.

cheers
stefan