Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michael Carlson <mi...@cycloneinteractive.com> on 2014/05/30 19:50:29 UTC

Nutch Connection to Site Hosted in IIS on the Same Server Times Out

I am trying to use Nutch 1.8 to crawl two sites hosted in IIS running on the same server as Nutch. One site works fine, and the other times out. Both sites are hosted on IIS 7 using name-based hosting.

When I crawl http://www.site1.com (for example), the crawl works fine. But when I try to crawl http://www.site2.com, the connection times out. I tried to curl both sites as well, with the same results - http://www.site2.com times out.

If I curl from a different server, http://www.site2.com works fine, but not if I do it from the local server.

Any thoughts on what might cause this?

Thanks

- Michael

Re: Nutch Connection to Site Hosted in IIS on the Same Server Times Out

Posted by Michael Carlson <mi...@cycloneinteractive.com>.
Never mind - my bad.
Someone had modified the hosts files so it was pointing to the wrong IP.

- Michael