Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Kohn, Rodolfo" <ro...@intel.com> on 2012/05/04 16:35:48 UTC

JMeter agents in Amazon

Hello,
I'm running JMeter for distributed load test in Amazon.
When I run all components in the same AWS region, everything works OK because each host can be addressed by its private IP address. In AWS hosts are assigned a private IP address and a public IP address.

However, I found some problems when trying to execute with agents in different regions:

1-     JMeter client sends its IP address to the agent in a RMI message. The problem is that the IP address identified by the JMeter client is the private IP, while I need it to send the public IP.

2-     JMeter agent communicates back with the client through another port.

My questions are:

1-     Is there a possibility to indicate JMeter client to send a different IP address? It could be configured.

2-     Is there a way to indicate the JMeter client port for the agent to communicate back?

Thanks,
Rodolfo

RE: JMeter agents in Amazon

Posted by "Kohn, Rodolfo" <ro...@intel.com>.
Thank you Sergio.
I'll try this again (I've tried it before it it didn't work, I suppose the problem with Amazon is that I need to publish the public IP - However the public IP is not assigned to an interface, it is internally routed to the private address by AWS):
httpclient.localaddress=1.2.3.4

Regarding this option:
remote_hosts=hostname:portname, hostname:portname,...

This is not the option I'm looking for. This option is for the client to initiate RMI communication with the agent. After that, the agent opens a connection back to the client using a specific port, and I'm looking for a way to pre-define that port.

Thanks,
Rodolfo

Re: JMeter agents in Amazon

Posted by Sergio Boso <se...@bosoconsulting.it>.