Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sanjay Kumar <ss...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/10 01:28:42 UTC

How to use ceph with apache cloudstack?

Hi all,

Please help me out to impediment the ceph with apache cloudstack v17. I am
using below configuration but facing issue while adding the ceph share
storage with apache cloudstack.

1. Ceph node on Centos8 Steam.
2. Compute node on Ubuntu 20.04

Also, if we are taking the nfs from ceph then it's support nfs4 only but
there is issue while using nfs4 with apache cloudstack v17.

With Regards,
Sanjay Kumar

Re: How to use ceph with apache cloudstack?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Sanjay,

If you're using KVM with CloudStack, you can use Ceph storage directly with CloudStack (you need not use NFS from Ceph).

Here are some guides you can read and refer:
https://www.shapeblue.com/ceph-and-cloudstack-part-1/
https://www.shapeblue.com/ceph-and-cloudstack-part-2/
https://www.shapeblue.com/ceph-and-cloudstack-part-3/

I had jotted some notes for a quick install here but setting up Ceph on Ubuntu, it's possible they may work on CentOS based Ceph cluster - https://rohityadav.cloud/blog/ceph/