Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Iván de Prado <iv...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 13:18:20 UTC

Upgrade from 0.16.3 to 0.17.0

I have upgraded from 0.16.3 to 0.17.0 correctly. But after a few days
the disk usage has been increased. I have notice that there are two
folder in the data nodes:

- current -> With version -13
- previous -> With version -11

And I have this message in the HDFS webapp:

Upgrade for version -13 has been completed. Upgrade is not finalized.

Questions:

1) Is that normal?
2) Could the upgrade increase the disk usage?
3) Is there any way to finish the upgrade? Any command to force it?
4) Could I delete the previous folder?

Thanks,

Iván de Prado
www.ivanprado.es

Re: Upgrade from 0.16.3 to 0.17.0

Posted by Iván de Prado <iv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

The -finalizeUpgrade command worked properly.

Regards,
Iván de Prado
www.ivanprado.es

Re: Upgrade from 0.16.3 to 0.17.0