Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/07 18:18:20 UTC

tree2 documentation: value, var, varNodeToggler missing

I'm taking a look at tree2 for the first time.

One thing I've noticed right off is the documentation, or lack thereof  :)

Most of the documentation is in the wiki, except for the tld.

However, three attributes aren't documented at all: value, var, and
varNodeToggler.

I'm guessing var and value work like any UIData component (and it
should be simple to copy those into the tlddocs from dataTable).

However, varNodeToggler doesn't have any non-code documentation that I
could find.   I'm guessing it's an object that implements some kind of
isExpanded/isCollapsed functionality and acts accordingly when a
node's visibility state changes.

Also, the http://www.irian.at/myfaces/tree2NoNav.jsf example seems
kinda lame (only one node visible).

Re: tree2 documentation: value, var, varNodeToggler missing

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/7/06, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm throwing all the documentation issues I encounter into this thread
> for now.  Hopefully, I'll have time to update the docs at a later
> point.

Thanks, and so we don't lose track of your comments:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-584

--
Wendy

Re: tree2 documentation: value, var, varNodeToggler missing

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
> On 8/7/06, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm throwing all the documentation issues I encounter into this thread
> > for now.  Hopefully, I'll have time to update the docs at a later
> > point.
>
> Thanks, and so we don't lose track of your comments:
>
>    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-584

Thanks, Wendy.   I probably should have done that, but I wanted to
make sure I hadn't missed any other documentation first.

On 8/7/06, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes.  I will try to elaborate on that shortly (facing a deadline atm.)

Completely understand.   Take your time.  I've got a deadline in a
couple of weeks myself to meet.

> > Also, the http://www.irian.at/myfaces/tree2NoNav.jsf example seems
> > kinda lame (only one node visible).
>
> That doesn't sound right?  Did you try expanding it?  Again, I will
> look at it shortly.

It doesn't seem to have any navigation controls (hence the name -- NoNav).

On 8/7/06, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No documentation on what the allowable facets are.  No documentation
> > stating that expand and collapse facets need to be UIGraphic
> > components.  [Guess I shouldn't have tried replacing these with
> > h:outputTexts]
>
> The facets should be named after the node type.

In addition, there's also "collapse" and "expand" facets -- I checked
the source -- that expect UIGraphic children.

> I know we need more
> documentation - I just never got around to it with all of the myfaces
> release stuff that I was doing.  I'm taking a step back from the
> release stuff for now so I'll try and get back to some tree2 business.

Sean, let me go ahead and work with it for a little bit.   Right now,
I can work on documentation for tree2 (at least documentation drafts),
but I can't work on releases.  I'd rather let you do what only you can
do :)  (or at least, what you can do that I can't).   My "new eyes"
might point out some things that experienced tree2 users wouldn't see.

> Please fell free to start some docs on the site.  I'm happy to answer questions.

Yep,  I'll do this once I get a better feel for the component.

Re: tree2 documentation: value, var, varNodeToggler missing

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> No documentation on what the allowable facets are.  No documentation
> stating that expand and collapse facets need to be UIGraphic
> components.  [Guess I shouldn't have tried replacing these with
> h:outputTexts]

The facets should be named after the node type.  I know we need more
documentation - I just never got around to it with all of the myfaces
release stuff that I was doing.  I'm taking a step back from the
release stuff for now so I'll try and get back to some tree2 business.

Please fell free to start some docs on the site.  I'm happy to answer questions.

Sean

Re: tree2 documentation: value, var, varNodeToggler missing

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> I'm guessing var and value work like any UIData component (and it
> should be simple to copy those into the tlddocs from dataTable).

You guessed correctly.