Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Brain Rebooting <si...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/06 05:04:38 UTC

JavaFx Problem

Why Apache NetBeans 12 don't execute my JavaFX program? I run the same to
same program in IntelliJ IDEA community edition and it works. But NetBeans
shows there are some errors. Here is my software usage:

Apache NetBeans 12
Ubuntu 18
JDK 8

Samiul alom sium
Bangladesh

Re: JavaFx Problem

Posted by Brain Rebooting <si...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. You mean we need to learn various types of things. Not stick to
one kind of things and take an adapted kind of mindset and thus learn
always new things

Re: JavaFx Problem

Posted by Brain Rebooting <si...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your important information. Anyone who is interested in deep
level of learning regarding math or computer science, can use your website
as a resource center or library.

Re: Apache update server unavailable

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 17:38, John G. Weed <no...@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Am trying to run updates on NetBeans 11.2. List of required updates seems to work, however when I tell it to go ahead and update I get a pop up error indicating that update server is unavailable...
>
> https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua?action=download&filename=netbeans/netbeans/11.2-u1/nbms/nb/org-netbeans-modules-updatecenters.nbm
>
> Mostly likely my problem... but checking if the us an external (to me) connectivity issue?

It's not your problem.  Updates for 11.2 have been archived.
Theoretically it's now out of support.  So, ideally move to 12.0 if
you can.

But, we should probably consider how to make this work.  There's an
option in the closer.lua code to be archive aware, but it doesn't seem
to work.  Somehow we need to manage these links in a slightly
different way.

If you *really* need to get this to work with 11.2 then in the short
term you could probably remove / disable the existing update centre
and add

https://archive.apache.org/dist/netbeans/netbeans/11.2-u1/nbms/updates.xml

Possibly along with

https://archive.apache.org/dist/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/updates.xml