Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gary Clark <ga...@jeld-wen.com> on 2001/06/13 17:44:48 UTC

RE: C2: recommended method for accessing Database, esp. for nest ed queries?

C1 had a nested connection in its example (part of it is shown below), but
I've not tried it with C2.  Depending on your needs, a more complex SQL
statement may work as well.  The major factor is how much information from
department_table you want and if it is OK to repeat it with each member.

The following is from Cocoon 1.8.3-DEV sample file esql.xml:

  <esql:execute-query>
    <esql:query>select id,name from department_table</esql:query>
    <esql:results>
      <header>header info</header>
      <esql:row-results>
        <department>
          <id><esql:get-int column="id"/></id>
          <name><esql:get-string column="name"/></name>
          <esql:connection>
            <esql:driver>org.postgresql.Driver</esql:driver>
            <esql:dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/test</esql:dburl>
            <esql:username>test</esql:username>
            <esql:password>test</esql:password>
            <esql:execute-query>
              <esql:query>select name from user_table where department_id =
<esq
l:parameter type="int"><esql:get-int ancestor="1"
column="id"/></esql:parameter>
</esql:query>
              <esql:results>
                <esql:row-results>
                  <user><esql:get-string column="name"/></user>
                </esql:row-results>
              </esql:results>

Gary A. Clark
Systems Programmer