Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be> on 2001/03/03 12:34:10 UTC

Re: SOAP Kxml CLDC MIDP

That's an interesting idea. Try the kvm-interest mailing list.

The CLDC API is severely restricted. It could never run the Apache-SOAP code the way it
is. However, the basic functionality required to perform HTTP post requests is there,
a SOAP request need only be a string, and the kxml parser can probably help in parsing
out the response. Not nearly as easy to do as using Apache-SOAP's rich functionality,
but I suspect that you typically don't need a very rich and generic API on an embedded
system/PDA/mobile phone; just something simple with a small footprint that will support
a very limited set of remote services.

Are you volunteering for an open source SOAP for embedded devices project? ;-)

bfn, Wouter

Re: Passing Objects Problem

Posted by Steven Geach <St...@elata.com>.
Hi

Its all in the examples as per the tutorial you are working through.
Basically the registry needs the Invoice type set like this:

// prepare the mapping registry
     SOAPMappingRegistry registry = new SOAPMappingRegistry();
     QName qname = new QName( "urn:my_encoding", "Invoice" );
     BeanSerializer serializer = new BeanSerializer();
     registry.mapTypes( Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC, qname, Invoice.class,
serializer, serializer );

That allows the SOAP server to work with type Invoices.

You probably have a typo somewhere.

Cheers

Steve

--
Steven Geach
Java Engineer

Re: Passing Objects Problem

Posted by Virat Aggarwal <vi...@softhome.net>.

Re: Passing Objects Problem

Posted by Steven Geach <St...@elata.com>.
Hi

--
Steven Geach
Java Engineer

BeanSerializer Example

Posted by Virat Aggarwal <vi...@softhome.net>.
Are there any beanserializer examples around???

Passing Objects Problem

Personal Java Apache Soap

Posted by Virat Aggarwal <vi...@softhome.net>.
Will Apache Soap work in Personal Java??? I mean if the client runs personal
java will it be able to send RPC requests to the apache soap server