Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Vineesh Thomas <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 12:44:58 UTC

Need clarification in some ODE configurations.

Hi,

I have couple of issues which i believe should be some configurations in
ODE.

Problem 1: My bpel gets timed out in 2 minutes.
               I found that this happens due to "public static final int
TIMEOUT = 2 * 60 * 1000;"
               Can some on tell me how to configure this from a property
file as my workflow (asynch in
               nature) may take hours before calling back.
               Referred the post @:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-295
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-295  -
               It talks about 'integration-layer.properties'. I am using
'apache-ode-war-1.2RC1' but it doesn't
               have any such file.

Problem 2: How do I configure and use a logger utility from my BPEL. i.e. I
need to log customized
               messages to a log file which can be analyzed even offline.
Also it would be great if i could log
               the messages from ODE. Referred the post at :
http://markmail.org/message/2sqxp2lvyszigzhx
http://markmail.org/message/2sqxp2lvyszigzhx
               But the post is quite old, I hope this would have been
resolved by now.

Problem 3: How do I configure java binding instead of soap binding, so that
i could directly call some
               java class instead of trigger some webservice. An example
would be of gr8 help.

TIA,

Vineesh.

Re: Need clarification in some ODE configurations.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Vineesh Thomas <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Problem 2: How do I configure and use a logger utility from my BPEL. i.e. I
> need to log customized
>               messages to a log file which can be analyzed even offline.
> Also it would be great if i could log
>               the messages from ODE. Referred the post at :
> http://markmail.org/message/2sqxp2lvyszigzhx
> http://markmail.org/message/2sqxp2lvyszigzhx
>               But the post is quite old, I hope this would have been
> resolved by now.

See the Event Listener section at
http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-ODEExecutionEvents

Problem 3: How do I configure java binding instead of soap binding, so that
> i could directly call some
>               java class instead of trigger some webservice. An example
> would be of gr8 help.

You can deploy POJOs on both ServiceMix and Axis2.

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/pojoguide.html
http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-jsr181.html

alex

Re: Need clarification in some ODE configurations.

Posted by Alexis Midon <mi...@intalio.com>.
Hi Vineesh,

regarding problem #1, this feature is not available in 1.2RC1.
But it will come in the next release,so stay tune because it's pending (see
Matthieu email a few minutes ago).

A wiki page will summarize all you need to know to configure endpoints.
Basically,  what you will have to do is:
. create a text file named
processes/your-process-dir/endpoint-configuration.properties
. set the property mex.timeout

Cheers,

Alexis