Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 21:41:26 UTC

wicket-kronos-cms feedback

Hey

After having looked briefly at kronos and tried to get it up and running I
have the following comments and thoughts (unsorted and not by importance :-)

   - case-sensitivity: Since I'm on linux I had a hard time getting it up
   and running because the following files is in wrong case:
      - /NodeType.cnd - app looking for nodetype.cnd
      - /src/main/java/wicket/kronos/plugins/menu/panels/MenuFrontPagePanel.html
      - java file is MenuFrontpagePanel.java
      - /src/main/java/wicket/kronos/plugins/version/panels/VersionFrontPagePanel.html
      - java file is VersionFrontpagePanel.java
   - JCR integration in plugins: I haven't followed development of kronos
   very closely so I don't know if this has been discussed. But would like to
   see an abstraction of JCR away from the plugins. Right now the plugin uses
   jcr directly and I think it would be better if plugin developers didn't have
   to think about jcr but instead could use some kronos interfaces which
   provided them with the needed functionality. That also gives the opportunity
   of having other backends than jcr or even more important: to give the plugin
   devs a more structured way of using another backend (say a webservice).

OT: is it really true that default resource lookup is case insensitive on
windows and not on linux? Shouldn't it be the same?

Frank

Re: wicket-kronos-cms feedback

Posted by Justin Lee <jl...@antwerkz.com>.

Re: wicket-kronos-cms feedback

Posted by Ted Roeloffzen <te...@gmail.com>.
In a lot of cases we use a Class like pluginproperties and use it in a
CompoundPropertyModel.

Ted

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Ted Roeloffzen:

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org>.
* Frank Bille:

> - case-sensitivity: Since I'm on linux I had a hard time getting
> it up and running because the  following files is in wrong case:
> - /NodeType.cnd - app looking for nodetype.cnd

Ah, good  catch Frank!  I  was wondering  where this file  was.  I
hope kronos developers will fix this soon ;-)

> -  JCR integration  in plugins: I  haven't followed  development
> of  kronos  very closely  so  I  don't  know  if this  has  been
> discussed. But would like to see an abstraction of JCR away from
> the plugins.

+1 I was expecting at least  to see classes implementing IModel at
least!

Cheers,
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot