Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thom Park <tp...@inprise.com> on 2000/11/30 00:57:09 UTC

Problem with servlet api that ships with 3.2.b8

I'm having some trouble getting the J2EE CTS tests to pass using Tomcat
3.2.b8.
The CTS is complaining that a public static final member has been added
to javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse class -

e.g.:    public static final int SC_TEMPORARY_REDIRECT = 307;

I can't find this public static defined in either the 2.2 or2.3 servlet
specifications.

Does this mean that the servletapi.jar that ships with tomcat 3.2.b8
does NOT conform to the servlet 2.2 spec or can I simply ping Sun
and ask for a clarification?

Thanks,

Thom

Re: Problem with servlet api that ships with 3.2.b8

Posted by Thom Park <tp...@inprise.com>.
Thanks Craig,

I appreciate the quick answer !

-Thom

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Thom Park wrote:

> I'm having some trouble getting the J2EE CTS tests to pass using Tomcat
> 3.2.b8.
> The CTS is complaining that a public static final member has been added
> to javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse class -
>
> e.g.:    public static final int SC_TEMPORARY_REDIRECT = 307;
>
> I can't find this public static defined in either the 2.2 or2.3 servlet
> specifications.
>
> Does this mean that the servletapi.jar that ships with tomcat 3.2.b8
> does NOT conform to the servlet 2.2 spec or can I simply ping Sun
> and ask for a clarification?

Hi Thom,

This line was added to the HttpServletResponse class in the servlet.jar file
that Tomcat uses.  The change was based on the fact that the new error code was
added to the servlet 2.2 spec by a published errata:

    http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/errata.html

It is possible that the CTS test version you are running does not reflect this
update -- your best bet would be to talk to your Licensee Engineering
representative about it.

> Thanks,
>
> Thom

Craig