Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by _dani <da...@dplanet.ch> on 2006/05/22 17:29:05 UTC

Websphere 6 tld not found

Hello

I'm trying to deploy my webapplication on a websphere 6 server. Bevor, the
application was running fine on a tomcat.

As I saw in several posts you have to modify the standad webpshere
installation as described in the myfaces Wiki (Websphere 6 installation
guide).

So after I finished the steps, I run into an other problem:
Unable to locate tag library for uri http://java.sun.com/jsf/core ]:
com.ibm.ws.jsp.JspCoreException

Maybe this is a websphere 6 specific issue. Maybe I could extract the tld's
from the myfaces-impl.jar and tomahawk.jar to my WEB-INF directory and
define some <taglib> in the web.xml.

Any ideas? thx.
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Websphere 6 tld not found [solved]

Posted by Tanikonda <ST...@Satyam.odc.ml.com>.
Thank you vey much
We are very glad to see your quick reply. We will try to resolve the problem
according to gudelines you have given. It any problems we will contact with
you.

Thanks in advance
Srinivas

Posted by Mert Çalışkan <mc...@gmail.com>.
We had a similiar problem with a JSF Webapp. The webapp is not
myfaces-enabled but the reason of your problem could be same as ours. The
main reason of our problem is the classloader selections of WebSphere. We
are using application classloader-policy for ear and module
classloader-policy for war with parent last classloading mode. The J2EE spec
says, locate the tld files under WEB-INF/tlds folder or the related jars
under WEB-INF/lib folder. I think tomahawk.jar is not loaded with the
classloader of your war. If you are using a shared library (contains
tomahawk.jar), that could also be the other reason.

Hope this helps.

Mert

Posted by _dani <da...@dplanet.ch>.
so I changed to myfaces-core-1.1.3 and tomahawk-1.1.2 and finally my
application is running fine under websphere 6.

nice
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Websphere 6 tld not found

Posted by _dani <da...@dplanet.ch>.
Hello Eric

I use myfaces-core 1.1.2 and tomahawk 1.1.2. I try to upgrade to the 1.1.3
versions.
Btw I found an other error in the log:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application. This happens if the faces-initialization does not work at all -
make sure that you properly include all configuration settings necessary for
a basic faces application and that all the necessary libs are included. Also
check the logging output of your web application and your container for any
exceptions!
If you did that and find nothing, the mistake might be due to the fact that
you use some special web-containers which do not support registering
context-listeners via TLD files and a context listener is not setup in your
web.xml.
A typical config looks like this;
<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
</listener>

Since when I have to register this listener, is it necessary? With tomcat it
worked fine without this listener.

greetings
daniel
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Websphere 6 tld not found

Posted by Eric Hedström <sq...@gmail.com>.
What version of Tomahawk do you have? If you have 1.1.2 I bet it is the same
problem a few people reported with WebLogic. See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-433

and check if you have any similar errors in your WebSphere logs. Or try a
recent 1.1.3 snapshot build.