Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/07 17:27:39 UTC

abortOnConfigurationError=false not taking the effect in solr 1.3

Hi,

We have set <abortOnConfigurationError>false</abortOnConfigurationError> in
solrconfig.xml for all the cores but still whenever any configuration error
occurs search does not work in any of the cores. Is there any other
configuration we have to set so as to not affect search in the cores which
are configured correctly?

For one of the core, we got following error today but then none of the core
is working after that. The below message suggests to add
abortOnConfigurationError in solr.xml but we have it added in solrconfig.xml
for all the cores. Do we need to add in solr.xml? If yes, where?

Please suggest what is the right way to configure so that if one core fails
due to configuration errors, all other cores remain unaffected?

Check your log files for more detailed information on what may be wrong.

If you want solr to continue after configuration errors, change:

 &lt;abortOnConfigurationError&gt;false&lt;/abortOnConfigurationError&gt;

in solr.xml

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Cannot create directory:
/usr/local/app/data/search/core09/index

Re: abortOnConfigurationError=false not taking effect in solr 1.3

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I tried the <bool name="abortOnConfigurationError">false</bool> in solr.xml
but it does not seem to be working for me. I manually modified
solrconfig.xml for core1 to have an invalid path in datadir. And when i
restarted my app server (jboss), it threw following error which is what is
expected. There were other cores which loaded just fine.

20:23:26,997 ERROR [STDERR] Sep 8, 2009 8:23:26 PM
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initIndex(SolrCore.java:302)

Once the server got started completely, i tried to access the other core's
admin page (which does not have any problem) using the url
http://localhost:8080/solr/core0/admin/  but it returned me a blank page and
following error on server side. But when i correct the path for datadir in
solrconfig.xml for core1 and after server restart, everything works fine. Am
I missing something here? Please let me know if my testcase is incorrect.

20:30:01,736 ERROR [CoyoteAdapter] An exception or error occurred in the
container during the request processing
	at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer.write(InternalOutputBuffer.java:680)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalOutputBuffer.sendStatus(InternalOutputBuffer.java:419)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.prepareResponse(Http11Processor.java:1588)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.action(Http11Processor.java:934)
	at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:183)
	at org.apache.coyote.Response.sendHeaders(Response.java:379)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.close(OutputBuffer.java:273)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.Response.finishResponse(Response.java:486)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:257)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:580)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks,
Dharmveer

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a lot. I will try this.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
<solr persistent="false">

  <!--

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: This has to be done by an UpdateRequestProcessor

I think the SignatureUpdateProcessor does exactly what you want ... you
just need a Signature implementation that does a simple concat (instead of
an MD5)

so we have a simple identity signature? .. it seems like it would be
trivial.

-Hoss

Re: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
This has to be done by an UpdateRequestProcessor

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Villemos, Gert <ge...@logica.com>wrote:

> I would like to build the value of a field based on the value of multiple
> other fields at submission time. I.e. I would like to submit a document such
> as;
>
> <field name="field1">foo</field>
> <field name="field2">baa</field>
>
> And would like SOLR to store the document as
>
> <field name="field1">foo</field>
> <field name="field2">baa</field>
> <field name="aggregated">foo:baa</field>
>
> Just to complicate matters I would like the aggregated field to be the
> unique key.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Gert.
>

> Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  /
> Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas
> imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen
> Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a
> respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss

Dynamically building the value of a field upon indexing

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, that runtime error occurred due to incorrect configuration. So, such
runtime errors in one core will affect all the cores? Is there any way to
avoid affecting all other cores which are fine?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.