Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/11 20:50:55 UTC

Upcoming Kurento 6.18 (unreleased) with breaking changes

The KMS project has some pre-info for KMS 6.18:
https://doc-kurento.readthedocs.io/en/latest/project/relnotes/v6_18_0.html

It talks about breaking changes, e.g. renamed API objects:
https://doc-kurento.readthedocs.io/en/latest/project/relnotes/v6_18_0.html#deprecated-renamed-api-methods

Maybe we could aim for v7.0.0 of OpenMeetings to migrate to KMS 6.18 +
JDK17 source code level as its main features?

I'm not too sure when is a good time to start to migrate to KMS
6.18-SNAPSHOT in the OpenMeetings master branch. Not sure if the API is
stable enough yet. But it looks like docs are available already.

It may also be an opportunity to separate the KMS relevant classes &
functionality into a separate maven module in the OpenMeetings project. A
separated module would make customisation easier as well as separating
OpenMeetings core from KMS relevant details.

Another example that becomes easier is if somebody wants to build a Media
Server integration to another type of Media Server. E.g. OpenVidu, or some
other fork of KMS. Having the KMS relevant code into its own maven module,
would be a good first step to enable it.

Thanks
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>

Re: Upcoming Kurento 6.18 (unreleased) with breaking changes

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Yeah that makes sense.  I will have a look over the next few days

Cheers!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Upcoming Kurento 6.18 (unreleased) with breaking changes

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.