Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joshua Jackson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/05 11:54:28 UTC

T4: Message component, is there any?

Dear all,

Is there any Message component in T4 for displaying messages on pages
upon success or failed process? Or should I use Insert component
instead?

Thanks in advance.

--
It's not just about coding, it's a matter of fulfilling your core being

YM!: thejavafreak
Blog: http://joshuajava.wordpress.com/

Re: T4: Message component, is there any?

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
I don't know of one.  It's common to make your own, eg. ShowError.html:

condition="ognl:page.beans.validationDelegate.hasErrors">
delegate="ognl:page.beans.validationDelegate.firstError">Error
Message</span>

and perhaps a more generalised message component, eg. ShowMessages.html:

condition="ognl:page.beans.validationDelegate.hasErrors">
class="warning">--- Warning message ---</span>
class="info">--- Info message ---</span>

Don't forget to create ShowError.jwc and ShowMessages.html, both of
which would look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE component-specification PUBLIC
   "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
   "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd">

<component-specification allow-informal-parameters="no">
</component-specification>

BTW, getters and setters for warningMessage and infoMessage are
typically put in a common superclass of your pages so that every page
can use them.

HTH,

Geoff
http://files.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart