Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/21 10:54:45 UTC

Expanding the PMC (Re: XML-RPC)

Looks like with the addition of new projects and more folks interested in participating in the
PMC, we need to expand the PMC. Let me draw up a concrete proposal in the next few days.

thanks,
dims

=====

Re: Expanding the PMC (Re: XML-RPC)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 22 Jan 2004, at 05:16, Daniel L. Rall wrote:

> Dims, I'd like Ryan to join the WS PMC (consider this his nomination).
>  He's been around XML-RPC as long as most of us over there, and works
> on several other open source projects (at least one of them Apache).
> He may have a very good point about me not needing to step down, but I
> am time constrained and would like to reduce my involvement.
>
> The Jakarta PMC is forming a more httpd-style PMC (composed of all
> "senior" commiters), and it's working out all right.  You might
> consider swiping some proposal text from them.  Noel, Robert Donkin,
> or Henri Yandell could probably point you to what was used in Jakarta
> land if its location isn't immediately apparent.

FWIW i'm out of the jakarta loop now so i'd be a very poor person to
ask :)

- robert

Re: Expanding the PMC (Re: XML-RPC)

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@collab.net>.
Dims, I'd like Ryan to join the WS PMC (consider this his nomination).  He's
been around XML-RPC as long as most of us over there, and works on several
other open source projects (at least one of them Apache).  He may have a very
good point about me not needing to step down, but I am time constrained and
would like to reduce my involvement.

The Jakarta PMC is forming a more httpd-style PMC (composed of all "senior"
commiters), and it's working out all right.  You might consider swiping some
proposal text from them.  Noel, Robert Donkin, or Henri Yandell could probably
point you to what was used in Jakarta land if its location isn't immediately
apparent.

Thanks, Dan