Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/01 20:31:26 UTC

Running RAT on Tuscany Distribution

Hi,

I built the sca\distribution and extracted the contents of
tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.zip  (binary disb) and
tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src.zip (src disb) found in the target
directory.

I then ran the RAT tool on the base directory of these extractions.  RAT
seemed have trouble with the following files...

- samples\das-service\webclient\dastest\db.lck
- modules\http-tomcat\work\null\localhost\_\SESSIONS.ser

Skipping these two, the RAT report for the rest can be found in the
following links.

RAT on Binary Disb : http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/RAT_M3/RAT_BIN.txt
RAT on Src Disb     : http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/RAT_M3/RAT_SRC.txt

I shall be taking a closer look at those reports and shall fix as much as I
can.

Comments ?

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: Running RAT on Tuscany Distribution

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/15/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This looks really good. I've fixed the distributions now to not include
> the
> the das-service, and tomcat work directories, and the few .pmd type files
> missing licenses so RAT should look pretty clean now.
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 5/15/07, Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I updated from the repo this morning and built the distribution.  Then I
> > extracted the tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.zip and
> > tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src.zip and run the Release Audit
> Tool
> > on the base directory of these extractions.  Here are the results of
> that
> > run : -
> >
> > Binary Disb : http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/RAT_0.90/Bin_RAT.txt
> > Source Disb : http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/RAT_0.90/Src_RAT.txt
> >
> > Some Observations :
> > ------------------------------
> > 1) The following files failed the tool from running.  They seem to be
> > binary
> > files related to some lock information and serialized sessions:
> >
> > Binary Disb:
> >

> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT\samples\helloworld-ws-reference\work\null\localhost\_\SESSIONS.ser
> >

> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT\samples\helloworld-ws-service\work\null\localhost\_\SESSIONS.ser
> >
> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT\samples\das-service-web\dastest\db.lck
> >
> > Source Disb:
> >

> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src\samples\das-service\src\test\resources\dastest\db.lck
> >

> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src\samples\das-service-web\dastest\db.lck
> >

> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src\modules\http-tomcat\work\null\localhost\_\SESSIONS.ser
> >

> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src\samples\helloworld-ws-reference\work\null\localhost\_\SESSIONS.ser
> >

> tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-src\samples\helloworld-ws-service\work\null\localhost\_\SESSIONS.ser
> >
> > 2) If you go to end of the .txt files you will get to see the locations
> > that
> > RAT suspects for aberrations.
> >
> > I have fixed all that I thought needs to be fixed and what you'll find
> are
> > the ones that I am not able to decide about fixing.  I'd be happy to
> take
> > suggestions on the right path of action and fix them as well.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > - Venkat

> > > target

> > extractions.  RAT

> > > http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/RAT_M3/RAT_BIN.txt
> > > http://people.apache.org/~svkrish/RAT_M3/RAT_SRC.txt

> much
> > > as

> > > Thats great thanks, it would be really helpful to get all the missing
> > > licenses fixed. There's quite a few so just say if you need a hand.
> > >
> > >    ...ant

We could also omit the SVG files that are mentioned. If everyone is happy to
ship the sample diagrams I've made png files.

Simon

Re: Running RAT on Tuscany Distribution

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.