Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org> on 2019/02/08 19:17:36 UTC

LICENSE question

Hi mentors,

I am updating Druid's LICENSE and NOTICE file for our next release, and had
a question on handling some our dependencies.

We have a web console (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/tree/0.14.0-incubating/web-console)
that pulls some modules from the NPM registry and bundles them using
webpack at build time.

Is the following understanding correct?
- The pulled NPM modules don't need to be in LICENSE for our source
distribution, since they're not pulled and bundled yet
- In a binary distribution, we'll need to include those modules in LICENSE

Thanks,
Jon

Re: LICENSE question

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.
This PR adds the licenses for the dependencies that would be bundled by the
web console (I still need to add our java dependencies):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/blob/5fa9a0dded872bff2d1c250bc6253993ea653522/LICENSE

Most of them are MIT licensed, with some Apache and BSD-3-Clause as well.

There's also Palantir Blueprint which has its own license, we've opened a
legal issue regarding that: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-436

Thanks,
Jon

Re: LICENSE question