Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 2001/07/03 22:48:47 UTC

Re: Let's remove some modules from Apache 2.0

rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > i realized recently is that the balance of people contributing to
> > > apache httpd development and maintenance has shifted over time from
> > > people who actively run websites to people who develop software. i
> > > think it has caused some interesting changes in what people consider
> > > important. (i'm not trying to pass any judgement on those changes,
> > > although just by bringing it up, i suspect i have.)
> >
> > I actually noticed this a while ago, and decided that I wanted more
> > experience running a web site.  For that reason, I have actually created
> > http://www.rkbloom.net/, and I am finally running my own server.  :-)
>
> Oh, that is a FreeBSD machine running 2.0, with the threaded MPM, but it
> is an older version of 2.0, because I haven't had the cycles to upgrade
> recently.

Which version of FreeBSD do threads not behave weirdly one?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Re: Let's remove some modules from Apache 2.0

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > > I actually noticed this a while ago, and decided that I wanted more
> > > experience running a web site.  For that reason, I have actually created
> > > http://www.rkbloom.net/, and I am finally running my own server.  :-)
> >
> > Oh, that is a FreeBSD machine running 2.0, with the threaded MPM, but it
> > is an older version of 2.0, because I haven't had the cycles to upgrade
> > recently.
>
> Which version of FreeBSD do threads not behave weirdly one?

I think they behave wierdly on all of them.  But, the site is hit so
infrequently (especially now that it's down [DSL problems  :-(] ) that I
don't notice the threading bugs.

Ryan