Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "R.Smits" <R....@tudelft.nl> on 2008/03/06 17:15:57 UTC

Change DOS_OE_TO_MX score

Hello,

I have tried to change the score for : DOS_OE_TO_MX because we have a
lot of false positives with this rule.

It gives 2.75 points.
This is defined in the /var/lib/spamassassin/etc.... directory.

I have put the usual score statement in the local.cf , but it does not
work ? With the other rules, it works..
It just gives the default : 2.75

I want it to give 2 points.

Is this a specual rule, which I cannot change the score for ?

Or am I making an error somewhere else ?

Greetings... Richard

Re: Change DOS_OE_TO_MX score

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 06/03/2008 11:15 AM, R.Smits wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried to change the score for : DOS_OE_TO_MX because we have a
> lot of false positives with this rule.
>
> It gives 2.75 points.
> This is defined in the /var/lib/spamassassin/etc.... directory.
>
> I have put the usual score statement in the local.cf , but it does not
> work ? With the other rules, it works..
> It just gives the default : 2.75
>
> I want it to give 2 points.
>
> Is this a specual rule, which I cannot change the score for ?

No, there's nothing special about it.  It's a simple meta rule.

> Or am I making an error somewhere else ?

Perhaps.

Daryl

Re: Change DOS_OE_TO_MX score

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 06.03.08 17:15, R.Smits wrote:
> I have tried to change the score for : DOS_OE_TO_MX because we have a
> lot of false positives with this rule.

We had the same problem when they were sending e-mail to our clients (with
no intermediate mailserver) without SMTP authentication. We advised them to
use authentication which is detected by clients, so it makes the *_TO_MX not
apply.

> It gives 2.75 points.
> This is defined in the /var/lib/spamassassin/etc.... directory.
>
> I have put the usual score statement in the local.cf , but it does not
> work ? With the other rules, it works..
> It just gives the default : 2.75
>
> I want it to give 2 points.
>
> Is this a specual rule, which I cannot change the score for ?
>
> Or am I making an error somewhere else ?

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.