Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/03/22 13:28:34 UTC

Re: FreeMail plugin

Henrik K writes:
> I updated my FreeMail plugin with a big list of domains
> (http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/freemail.html).
>
> Try it out:
>
> http://sa.hege.li/FreeMail.pm
> http://sa.hege.li/FreeMail.cf
>
> Pretty good hit ratio here, especially when you add some extra scores like
> FREEMAIL_FROM && DCC_CHECK etc. All that freemail spam is annoying as it
> can't be blocked directly at MTA (RBLs etc).Q

hi Henrik --

would you be interested in contributing this to the main ruleset?  in my
opinion it'd be quite useful there ;)   if so, could you attach those
files to a bug on the Bugzilla?

cheers,

--j.

Re: FreeMail plugin

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:53:03AM +0530, Tarak Ranjan wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 15:51 +0200, Henrik K wrote:

> > > please check again some of the good domain is also listed in the
> > > FreeMail.pm file .....
> >
> > Can you be more specific? Are there some domains that you can only get by
> > paying money and what are they?
>
> yahoo.com, yahoo.co.in, rediffmail.com, gmail.com i don't think these
> sites you use after paying... :D, verify those domain again ..

I think you get things all wrong. Please read what to plugin does.

Re: FreeMail plugin

Posted by Tarak Ranjan <co...@yahoo.co.in>.
On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 15:51 +0200, Henrik K wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 06:41:26PM +0530, Tarak Ranjan wrote:

> > > hi Henrik --
> > >
> > > would you be interested in contributing this to the main ruleset?  in my
> > > opinion it'd be quite useful there ;)   if so, could you attach those
> > > files to a bug on the Bugzilla?
> >
> > please check again some of the good domain is also listed in the
> > FreeMail.pm file .....
>
> Can you be more specific? Are there some domains that you can only get by
> paying money and what are they?

yahoo.com, yahoo.co.in, rediffmail.com, gmail.com i don't think these
sites you use after paying... :D, verify those domain again ..

/\
Tarak

Re: FreeMail plugin

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 06:41:26PM +0530, Tarak Ranjan wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 12:28 +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
> > Henrik K writes:
> > > I updated my FreeMail plugin with a big list of domains
> > > (http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/freemail.html).
> > >
> > > Try it out:
> > >
> > > http://sa.hege.li/FreeMail.pm
> > > http://sa.hege.li/FreeMail.cf
> > >
> > > Pretty good hit ratio here, especially when you add some extra scores like
> > > FREEMAIL_FROM && DCC_CHECK etc. All that freemail spam is annoying as it
> > > can't be blocked directly at MTA (RBLs etc).Q
> >
> > hi Henrik --
> >
> > would you be interested in contributing this to the main ruleset?  in my
> > opinion it'd be quite useful there ;)   if so, could you attach those
> > files to a bug on the Bugzilla?
>
> please check again some of the good domain is also listed in the
> FreeMail.pm file .....

Can you be more specific? Are there some domains that you can only get by
paying money and what are they?

Cheers,
Henrik

Re: FreeMail plugin