Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Henry Wang <ot...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/01 02:09:18 UTC

Add common stuff to pages served by Tomcat

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 as a standalone server. I would like to add some
common stuffs (like an image) to every page (may from distinct contexts)
served by this server. Is there an easy way to do so?

I am considering to let the server to run one serverlet or Jsp page each
time it responds a request. But how to do so?

Many thanks.

Re: Add common stuff to pages served by Tomcat

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Henry Wang" <ot...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 as a standalone server. I would like to add some
> common stuffs (like an image) to every page (may from distinct contexts)
> served by this server. Is there an easy way to do so?
>
> I am considering to let the server to run one serverlet or Jsp page each
> time it responds a request. But how to do so?

Glad to see you found the right mailing list...

With tomcat 4.0, since it's based on servlet 2.3, you can do it easily and
not compromising portability across servlet containers using filters...

    Pier