Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bill richard <bi...@126.com> on 2007/08/20 15:13:34 UTC

How to delete a queue?

hi,all
 i m using activeMq recently.And now i need to delete a named queue,which is
created like this:
session.createQueue(Name);
and i want to remove this queue.
And i have found that this work can be done with jmx.but i have no idea with
BrokerService and ManagedRegionBroker which are the construct arguments of
BrokerView.
Any suggestion will be nice,and will be great if a piece of code example !

Re: How to delete a queue?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
You could just use the web console to remove the queue?

On 8/20/07, bill richard <bi...@126.com> wrote:

> hi,all
>  i m using activeMq recently.And now i need to delete a named queue,which is
> created like this:
> session.createQueue(Name);
> and i want to remove this queue.
> And i have found that this work can be done with jmx.but i have no idea with
> BrokerService and ManagedRegionBroker which are the construct arguments of
> BrokerView.
> Any suggestion will be nice,and will be great if a piece of code example !

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: How to delete a queue?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/20/07, bill richard <bi...@126.com> wrote:

> hi,all
>  i m using activeMq recently.And now i need to delete a named queue,which is
> created like this:
> session.createQueue(Name);
> and i want to remove this queue.
> And i have found that this work can be done with jmx.but i have no idea with
> BrokerService and ManagedRegionBroker which are the construct arguments of
> BrokerView.
> Any suggestion will be nice,and will be great if a piece of code example !

Attached is a code example of using JMX to query for MBeans and then
create a topic and remove that topic. I'm sure this can be adapted to
queues.

I'm CC'ing your directly in case the list removes the attachment.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/