Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 04:56:57 UTC

where would I start if I wanted to add support for cached javascript minification?

Where would I start if I wanted to add support for cached javascript
minification a la JAWR? I know that Tapestry 5.1 ships with intrinsic
support for combined JS files. Does that combination happen on each
request? Or is it cached? What of the gzip support? Cached or not
cached in memory? Finally, what about taking it one step further --
what if I wanted to use the Yahoo YUI minification routine (opt-in) to
then minify and condense these combined javascript files? Where in the
user-land sections of the Tapestry framework would I make this
contribution? Or, where in Tapestry proper would somebody endeavor to
write a patch to add this sort of functionality? I've not done too
much spelunking and so I'm really looking for any exploratory
information here. Any one else do anything like this?

Thanks,
Joshua Long
http://www.joshlong.com/

Re: where would I start if I wanted to add support for cached javascript minification?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
No real answers, but if you want to run jawr 'offline' check out
http://github.com/andyhot/maven-jawr-plugin/
or this thread in jawr ML
http://markmail.org/message/ef4vtu7xl75fe3ra

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Josh Long <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where would I start if I wanted to add support for cached javascript
> minification a la JAWR? I know that Tapestry 5.1 ships with intrinsic
> support for combined JS files. Does that combination happen on each
> request? Or is it cached? What of the gzip support? Cached or not
> cached in memory? Finally, what about taking it one step further --
> what if I wanted to use the Yahoo YUI minification routine (opt-in) to
> then minify and condense these combined javascript files? Where in the
> user-land sections of the Tapestry framework would I make this
> contribution? Or, where in Tapestry proper would somebody endeavor to
> write a patch to add this sort of functionality? I've not done too
> much spelunking and so I'm really looking for any exploratory
> information here. Any one else do anything like this?
>
> Thanks,
> Joshua Long
> http://www.joshlong.com/

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr