Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by vichy <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/31 14:53:39 UTC

question about svn check out

Dear all:
when using svn co like:
$ svn checkout http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk
A    trunk/Makefile.in
A    trunk/ac-helpers
A    trunk/ac-helpers/install.sh
A    trunk/ac-helpers/install-sh
A    trunk/build.conf
…
Checked out revision 8810.

The svn will check out files as trunk/xxxxx
Right now I use svn to take care kernel source code I try to modify,
but I find I don't need the "trunk/", since it will affect my make
fail.
That means, I hope to check out everything below trunk to the current folder.
I know there are several methods can help me.
1. after checking out, mv all files below trunk to current folder. And
when finished modifying, mv them back to trunk and svn commit.
2. type each folder and file names under trunk one by one.

Is there more convenient way to meet my requirement?
BTW, I have used tortoisesvn, it can meet my requirement. Pick a
folder I named and choose check out
"http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk".
It can copy all the files below trunk down to the named folder.

Does it use some special option in check out or it pre-scan the folder
and then check out it one by one?
appreciate your help,
vichy

Re: question about svn check out

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
You can give your folder another name during checkout. Use:

$ svn checkout http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk svn-trunk

instead of

$ svn checkout http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk

And, it will check out your files in a directory called "svn-trunk" or
whatever you want to call the folder.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Posted by Giulio Troccoli <Gi...@uk.linedata.com>.

Linedata Services (UK) Ltd
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London, E1 6DB
Registered in England and Wales No 3027851    VAT Reg No 778499447

> The svn will check out files as trunk/xxxxx
> Right now I use svn to take care kernel source code I try to modify,
> but I find I don't need the "trunk/", since it will affect my make
> fail.
> That means, I hope to check out everything below trunk to the current
> folder.

Simply add a dot at the end of your SVN command

svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos.svn/trunk .

Giulio