Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by flyingfox <id...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/31 00:02:46 UTC

proposal: chaos test

Hi, Community,
     I want to recommend chaos test this time.
1.Background
     In the real world, various faults may occur anytime and anywhere, such
as sudden disk write failure, or sudden network disconnection in the
computer room, etc. In order to more easily verify APISIX's tolerance for
various faults, we need to perform chaos testing.
2.Purpose
     Check whether APISIX can work normally in the case of various external
faults.
3.Method
     Thanks to @Yiyiyimu for recommending a good testing tool that can
simulate various system failures--chaos-mesh, we can add a separate action
to combine chaos-mesh to perform chaos testing on APISXI.

Re: proposal: chaos test

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
Yes, many abnormal situations can be simulated. Do you have a plan?

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

flyingfox <id...@gmail.com> 于2020年11月2日周一 下午2:11写道:

Re: proposal: chaos test

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.