Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paolo Cravero as2594 <pc...@as2594.net> on 2004/02/03 15:33:34 UTC

Load balacing spamd

Hi.
I have recently setup an SMTP gateway for all the incoming mail to our
domains with SpamAssassin. We are running two dual-Xeon machines behind
an hardware load balancer.

Performance is outstanding but training has become a longer process
since spamd on both machines needs to see what we consider spam/ham, in
order to keep Bayes and AWL databases aligned.

I wonder if anyone is running SpamAssassin in a load-balanced fashion,
and how (s)he deals with ham/spam training: RPC, bayes_data brute force
copy, ... ?

I am still thinking of a solution, so any input will be more than
appreciated!

Paolo